Functionality Kainuu is our first bag that is born with six dimensions. From year to year, it serves multiple purposes turning from a crossbody to a short strapped shoulder bag, from body bag to a belt bag and to a fresh handbag with the handle that is sold separately in multiple colours. You can also leave the straps home and use it as a minimalist clutch.
Roots Our founder and designer Outi has her roots in Kainuu, Northeast Finland. The rural area is famous for its ascetic, barren minimalism. The architecture is based on functionality, born out of materials the local nature has to offer. The Kainuu Bag speaks the same story. Born out of local leftover materials, it is just a bag in its simplest form, while it still manages to surprise with its functionality year after year.
DNA Kainuu is made of leather cutting waste rescued from a Finnish furniture factory. The small pieces that can’t fit into sofas would otherwise end up in landfills, but as a Lovia bag they can get a new valuable life. We have found a team of Italian artisans who have the skills to put the puzzle of small pieces together to create a long lasting piece.
Scroll down to track where each part of the bag comes from, who made them, and what we paid for them. Each bag is individually numbered and carries a DNA code inside, allowing you to get back to its roots whenever you wish.
- Colour: Nude-Grey Combo
- Silver coloured hardware
- Made of xcess leather from a Finnish furniture factory
- Magnetic closure
- Open pocket inside
- Comes with a dust bag made of cotton waste
- Measurements: 21cm x 18cm x 5cm
- Strap length fully adjustable to max 150 cm
- Handle sold separately, You can choose it in the shopping cart or see the colour options here.
- Care Instructions
- Delivery and Returns
Delivery & Returns
- We ship internationally. The shipping is free for orders over 300 €.
- Standard delivery time varies between different countries, starting from 3 days. We also offer a fast express delivery option.
- We offer you a free return and full 30 day money back guarantee from the day you receive your order.
- If anything in your product happens to break in normal use, we offer you a guarantee and will be happy to fix it for you.
- Our payment options include Credit Card payments by Stripe, Paytrail secure payment methods including Credit cards, PayPal and Finnish online bank payments as well as Klarna part payment and pay later solutions.